Crime is increasing in every part of the City of Houston. No neighborhood is immune to the impact of this phenomenon. The Mandell Winlow Security Foundation (MWSF) was created as a 501(c)(3), non-profit corporation to promote public safety, security and crime prevention.
The MWSF was born in 2015-2016 when Mandell Place, Winlow Place, and Cherryhurst neighborhoods collaborated to form the Constable Patrol Program – a joint initiative and our first major project to reduce the significant increase in crime in our neighborhoods. In just on year, the program reduced traffic offenses, graffiti, petty crime, car break-ins, burglaries, assaults, and violent offenses in our area. Please join our efforts.
Our work to enhance safety and security throughout our community continues through our partnership with the Precinct 1 Constable’s Office, neighborhood associations, and likeminded citizens. Working collaboratively, we accomplish these goals:
- Meaningfully enhance safety and security in our neighborhoods and city.
- Coordinate crime prevention efforts.
- Educate citizens throughout the greater Montrose area about the risks of crime.
- Teach ways to reduce the chances of becoming a victim.
- Work to reduce the likelihood of crime stoking our area.
- Assist law enforcement in the investigation of crime.